The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1.
Next Exam: April 17, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 15, 2020
Please click here to see the current dates for exams.
Passing the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 requires very basic language skills. The examination corresponds to level one (A1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following:
- understand what you hear in everyday situations, such as simple questions, instructions and messages, as well as messages on an answerphone, public announcements and brief conversations,
- obtain relevant information from short written messages, public notices and classified advertisements,
- state and understand figures, quantities, times and prices,
- fill in personal details and basic information on forms,
- write brief personal messages,
- introduce yourself in a conversation and answer simple personal questions,
- formulate and respond to common everyday queries and requests.
- Hören: 20 minutes
- Schreiben: 20 minutes
- Lesen: 25 minutes
- Sprechen: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Further information and exercises for the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1
Additional Exam Materials