Your next step forward: Goethe-Zertifikat B1
Next Exam: November 15, 2019 @ 9:00 am
Please click here to see the current dates for exams.
The Goethe-Zertifikat B1 is a German test for young people and adults. It confirms that one has an independent grasp of the German language, and corresponds to the third level (B1) of the six-level competency scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Passing the test shows that the participant can...
- understand key points of information about work, school and leisure time when standard language is being used.
- handle most situations that one would encounter when traveling in German-speaking countries.
- express oneself simply and coherently on familiar topics and areas of personal interest.
- talk about experiences and events, describe dreams, hopes and goals, and provide brief explanations and statements of purpose.
- Hören: 40 minutes
- Lesen: 65 minutes
- Sprechen: 15 minutes
- Schreiben: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Further information and exercises for the Das Goethe-Zertifikat B1
Additional Exam Materials