Get going. With Fit in Deutsch 1 – the examination for young people.
Next Exam: Saturday, January 22nd, 2022
Registration now open
The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 is for German language learners between the ages of 10-16.
Passing the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 examination proves that you can make yourself understood in simple German. The examination requires a basic knowledge of German. It corresponds to level one (A1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following:
- understand simple questions, notices and phone messages as well as information on the radio about an everyday situation and in brief conversations,
- gather the main information from short written messages, advertisements, descriptions, letters and simple newspaper articles,
- write brief personal messages,
- introduce yourself in a conversation and answer questions about yourself,
- ask and reply to simple questions in a conversation on topics affecting you,
- make common requests and formulate questions in everyday situations, and reply or respond to these.
A1: Fit in Deutsche 1 Prüfung:
- Hören: 20 minutes
- Lesen: 20 minutes
- Sprechen: 15 minutes
- Schreiben: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Further information and exercises for the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1
Current Goethe Atlanta students: $90
External candidates: $110
COVID-19 Update: We require all exam participants to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 to be admitted to an exam at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta. Please contact us to request an exemption.
A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after completion of a COVID-19 vaccination series (after the second dose of a 2-dose series, or after one dose of a single-dose vaccine). Proof of vaccination (vaccination card) is required.
If you have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have experienced any flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, headache, dry cough, respiratory problems, diarrhea) in the 14 days prior to the date of the exam, please stay home.
We require masks while inside the Goethe-Zentrum.