Real progress: The Goethe-Zertifikat B2.
Next Exam: Saturday, January 22nd, 2022
Registration now open
The Goethe-Zertifikat B2 requires advanced language skills. The examination corresponds to level four (B2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following, for example:
- follow the main content of specific and abstract topics and obtain relevant information from them (i.e. radio broadcasts),
- understand a wide range of texts, both shorter simple texts (such as advertisements) and longer, more complex factual texts, commentaries and reports,
- express yourself clearly and in a structured way in writing on the subject of complex matters and also correct mistakes in texts written by other people,
- give clearly structured oral comments on general subjects and topics of particular interest to you,
- take an active part in discussions on subjects you know about, taking up a position and presenting your own point of view.
- Hören: 40 minutes
- Lesen: 65 minutes
- Schreiben: 75 minutes
- Sprechen: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Further information and exercises for the Goethe-Zertifikat B2
Materials that can be downloaded
Current Goethe Atlanta students: $160
External candidates: $180
Need to retake one module? $100/$120
COVID-19 Update: We require all exam participants to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 to be admitted to an exam at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta. Please contact us to request an exemption.
A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after completion of a COVID-19 vaccination series (after the second dose of a 2-dose series, or after one dose of a single-dose vaccine). Proof of vaccination (vaccination card) is required.
If you have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have experienced any flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, headache, dry cough, respiratory problems, diarrhea) in the 14 days prior to the date of the exam, please stay home.
We require masks while inside the Goethe-Zentrum.