The Goethe-Zertifikat A2
Our next exam in Atlanta is in fall 2022, exact date TBD.
Passing the Goethe-Zertifikat A2 requires very basic language skills. The examination corresponds to level two (A2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After passing the examination, you will be able to do the following:
- understand what you hear in everyday situations, such as simple questions, instructions and messages, as well as messages on an answerphone, public announcements and brief conversations,
- obtain relevant information from short written messages, public notices and classified advertisements,
- state and understand figures, quantities, times and prices,
- fill in personal details and basic information on forms,
- write brief personal messages,
- introduce yourself in a conversation and answer simple personal questions,
- formulate and respond to common everyday queries and requests.
- Hören: 30 minutes
- Schreiben: 30 minutes
- Lesen: 30 minutes
- Sprechen: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Further information and exercises for the Goethe-Zertifikat A2
Additional Exam Materials
Current Goethe Atlanta students: $150
External candidates: $180
COVID-19 Update: We require all exam participants to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 to be admitted to an exam at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta. Please contact us to request an exemption.
A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after completion of a COVID-19 vaccination series (after the second dose of a 2-dose series, or after one dose of a single-dose vaccine). Proof of vaccination (vaccination card) is required.
If you have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have experienced any flu-like symptoms (e.g. fever, headache, dry cough, respiratory problems, diarrhea) in the 14 days prior to the date of the exam, please stay home.
We require masks while inside the Goethe-Zentrum.