Employment Opportunities at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta
- Part-Time: 20 hours per week
- Employment is at will
- Reports to Executive Director
The mission of the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is to deliver language courses and programs that foster communication, education, collaboration, and cultural exchange for life-long learners for whom German is not their first language, natives of German-speaking countries, and people residing in the Southeastern United States interested in or affiliated with Germany or Europe through heritage, career, or personal experience.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Development Associate works closely with the Development Committee and the Executive Director to ensure that the organization raises the funds it needs to continue operations.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
Donor and Membership Management
- Organize Midyear and End-of-year Campaigns
- Issue donation receipts
- Process and track memberships
Research Funding Sources
- Involved in identifying and reporting about sources of donations
Provide Administrative Support
- Involved in tracking data of Goethe events and Language program to expand funding opportunities
- Involved in development of corporate contacts for Language program
Create and Track Fundraising Events
- Contacts potential donors
- Maintains relationships with existing donors
- Organizes fundraising events
- Creates and submits reports that describe the progress and effectiveness of each campaign
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
German Language Instructor(s)
- Location: Must be available to work in Downtown Atlanta, plus potentially work from home
- Part-time, hours based on the number of courses taught (typically one to three courses per quarter)
- Reports to the Executive Director (ED) and the Language Program Director
- Employment is at-will
Join our German Language Program team for in-person instruction in our new German Cultural Center location in Downtown Atlanta/Peachtree Center.
Our instructors enjoy flexible scheduling and may teach one or multiple courses per quarter based on enrollment. Group courses consist of groups of four to twelve adult students. Our general language group courses take place Monday through Thursday evenings or on Saturday morning.
In addition to in-person teaching in our center, the instructor may be assigned an online course via Zoom for our adult students throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Fluency in German and English (native or near-native) is a must
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in German, Education, or a related field
- Experience teaching German as a second/foreign language
- Preferably experience in teaching in-person as well as via video conferencing software and systems
- Weeknight availability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Teams
- Experience with educational technology and online teaching tools
- Permission to work in the United States (Green Card or US citizen)
- Implement lesson plans that appeal to a diverse group of students
- Encourage students to attend language and culture events
- Attend Goethe-related teacher training seminars
- Work enthusiastically as a member of the Goethe Team
Only local candidates will be considered.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.