Employment Opportunities at the Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta
Business and Program Manager
- Part-Time; approx. 30 hours per week (hours are flexible)
- Employment is at will
- In-office (Downtown Atlanta) and Home-Office
- Reports to Executive Director
The primary objectives of the Business and Program Manager are pro-active and detail-oriented assistance with the planning and execution of events (program management) as well as support of internal operations and HR.
For that, the Business and Program Manager is working closely with Executive Director, leadership staff, colleagues, and marketing contractors.
Please send your application and cover letter to email@example.com
- Assist the overall program by managing project plans, cross-functional stakeholders, and deliverables
- Assist with the implementation of short and long-term goals and objectives
- Assist with management of grants and grant processes as needed
- Salesforce Management and Reporting
- Recruit and manage domestic and international interns
- Assist in preparation of budget(s) and forecasts
- Verify that transactions comply with policies and procedures
- Track compliance and other institutional deadlines
- Prepare frequent financial statements, and reports such as balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for the ED and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare IRS documentation for tax return (in cooperation with CPA)
- Salesforce Management and Reporting
- Maintain personnel files and other HR-related records (including eVerify Management)
- Conduct onboarding of new hires
- Renew insurance policies
- Track PTO
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance or Business Management preferred
- A strong interest in German culture
- Conversational German skills a plus
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with accounting software, ideally QuickBooks and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable applications
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask, plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of a nonprofit work environment
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential job -duty satisfactorily. All employees must be able to communicate face to face or through technology with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee will be in an office environment (well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned) typically stationed at a desk or table. Home-Office opportunities can be arranged in coordination with Executive Director and Executive Team. Employee will be asked to sit and stand for various increments of time, and to lift/push up 30 lbs. Clerical office duties on various forms of technology are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are looking to expand our German Language Program team with engaging, dynamic, and motivated instructors for in-person instruction in metro Atlanta, and/or for on-site corporate training in various regions throughout Georgia. Qualified instructors enjoy flexible scheduling and may teach one or multiple courses per quarter as well as individual students based on enrollment. Courses consist of small groups or customized instruction with primarily adult students as well as corporate settings. Our general group courses take place in the evening or on Saturdays. Individual instruction can be all ages and all days/times. Corporate classes are mostly taught during office hours and may require travel to the customer site.
- Location: Southeastern USA
- Part-time, hours based on the number of courses or students taught (typically 1-2 private courses or individual students per quarter, or corporate training)
- Salary: $31 up to $50 per hour
- Reports to the Language Program Director
- Employment is at-will
- Fluency in German and English (native or near-native) is a must
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in German, Education, or a related field
- Experience teaching German as a second/foreign language
- Permission to work in the United States (Green Card or US citizen)
- Willingness and ability to work in an in-person classroom setting
- Implement lesson plans that appeal to a diverse group of students
- Encourage students to attend language and culture events
- Attend Goethe-related teacher training seminars
- Work enthusiastically as a member of the Goethe Team
- Experience in corporate training a plus for teaching corporate classes
Only candidates who can be available in-person in Georgia will be considered.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta currently requires course participants and instructors to wear masks during class.